Are you still struggling to withdraw funds from PayPal to your bank account in South Africa? Just relax and keep reading this PayPal guide. We have dedicated this page to solve all the problems you may be going through to withdraw money from your PayPal account to either FNB, Absa, Standard Bank, Capitec, or any other bank in South Africa.
You can visit the website of PayPal and FNB to guide you on how the withdrawal is done, but many people will not be able to use that since they are both incomplete.
At least in my opinion.
We have put this PayPal guide together to make things simple for everyone to follow.
Even the dummy on the web.
Without wasting much of your valuable time, let us dive into how to make the withdrawal.
But hey, first thing first.
See also: PayPal South Africa Login Guide.
What You Really Need To Know Before Receiving Your Funds To Your PayPal Account
Before you transfer money into your PayPal account, you need to know how PayPal works in South Africa.
Plain and simple, PayPal has partnered with FNB Bank to offer its services to South Africans.
Does that mean you cannot use PayPal with any other bank in South Africa?
You can still use the service with other banks in South Africa.
In fact, you can link almost any other South African bank to your PayPal account.
It will work just fine.
You will be limited to sending money from your PayPal account.
If that is what you want to do, then you do not need to go through FNB Bank.
But the majority of the people want to receive money into their bank account where they can access the funds.
I know that is precisely what you want to do.
If you really want to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account in South Africa, then you have to do so through FNB Bank.
That doesn’t mean you should, by all means, register for the FNB Bank account.
It would be best if you had an FNB Bank account, though.
If you have FNB Bank South Africa online banking account, then you are halfway through the withdrawal process.
If you do not have an FNB Bank account, then this is what you should do.
Create an FNB online banking account online.
Read also: How PayPal Refund Works.
How To Create FNB Online Banking Account To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Bank Account
If you want to register for FNB profile online, then you need to follow the steps below:
1. Go to the FNB Bank’s main website here https://www.fnb.co.za/.
2. At the top section of the homepage, click on “Register“.
3. A new window will open for you to start the registration process.
4. Because you do not have a bank account with FNB, select “Register for PayPal for non-FNB customers“.
5. If you want to create the account for personal use, click on “For me“.
6. Select “For my Business” if you are creating the account for your business.
7. Please note that each selection has its requirements.
8. After clicking on any of the options, select “I do not bank with FNB“.
9. Another window will open for you to register for PayPal services via FNB Bank.
10. Fill the form with your details.
Make sure all the eight (8) sections of the registration form are all completed before you hit the “submit” button.
Please note that you may definitely get an error message when you make a mistake with any section of the form.
The unfortunate thing is that whenever the FNB system detects an error with your submission, it alerts you but still uses your credentials in the system.
So even when the mistake is corrected, the system may throw another error.
It is, therefore, crucial to check and double-check your entries before hitting the submit button.
What Should You Do Next After Registering For The PayPal Services Via FNB Bank
After you have created your FNB Bank South Africa online banking account for PayPal services, you need to send the required KYC or FICA documents via either fax or email.
But what documents should you submit?
It will absolutely depend on the nature of the account you created.
Here are some of the documents you need to send:
- Certified copy of the Bank account statement.
- Valid proof of address.
- Certified copy of Incorporation, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship.
You can check the FNB website for a complete list of required documents you must submit.
When all the documents are ready, you can fax them to this number: 011-438 8222.
Alternatively, you can email the documents to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you still have challenges, you have to contact the FNB customer service help desk on this phone line, 27 113775201.
You can also call 0875-729-725 and follow the prompt for assistance.
Please note that it will essentially take you about 2 to 3 business days for them to finish reviewing your documents.
Just be patient.
When that is done, you can then link your verified PayPal account to your FNB online banking account.
It is only when that is done that you can withdraw money from your PayPal account to your Bank account.
How To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Your Bank Account In South Africa
After going through all the processes outlined in this guide, you should be able to link your PayPal account to the FNB online banking account.
If you want to withdraw funds from PayPal to your South Africa bank account, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the FNB website here https://fnb.co.za/.
- Enter your FNB “Username” and “Password” in the boxes provided on the homepage.
- Log in to your FNB Bank South Africa online banking account.
- After signing in, click on the “PayPal Services” button.
- After that, click on “Withdraw from PayPal“.
- Make sure that you have enough funds in your PayPal balance before you start withdrawing to your bank account.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw in US Dollars.
- Based on the current exchange rate, confirm the amount you will receive in Rand.
- Moreover, you need to accept the terms and conditions of the withdrawal transaction.
- A new window will open where you will be taken to the PayPal website.
- Login to your PayPal account with your credentials.
- Review the withdrawal amount.
- Please make sure the amount of money you are transferring from your PayPal account to your South Africa bank account is exactly the intended withdrawal amount.
- Finally, confirm the money transfer to your account.
That is all that you need to withdraw money from PayPal account to your South Africa bank account.