Did you buy something online through PayPal in the Philippines? Sometimes you are satisfied with the delivery, but in certain instances, you are not pleased with the service or product, and you want a refund. Returning your online purchases and asking for a PayPal refund in the Philippines is possible.
PayPal Philippines introduced this refund policy on 18th November 2015, and many people have used the service till today.
Getting a refund online is an uncomfortable experience most online shoppers will not dare wish even for their enemies.
I am here with you today to walk you through the process of requesting for a refund from PayPal in the Philippines.
I will not waste much of your time and go straight to business.
Read also: How Does PayPal Works In Kenya.
You Must Have A PayPal Account To Ask For A Refund
As you rightly know, before you apply for a refund of the goods or products you bought online, you must be a PayPal customer.
Yes. You should have made the transaction through your PayPal account, and your method of payment should be PayPal.
It is obvious that you cannot buy an item online through Payoneer and request a refund from PayPal.
I know you won’t even dare do that.
Now that you are sure that you made the payment through your PayPal account in the Philippines, then let me show you how to begin the refund process here on Paypal Guide.
How to Activate PayPal Refund In The Philippines
As soon as you have received your purchased item online and you decide to return the product, you need to activate the PayPal refund process.
It may even be that you did not receive the item at all, or you may have been scammed. In any case, you can ask for a refund from PayPal Philippines.
To activate the PayPal refund process, follow these steps:
2. Locate the button that says Activate For Free.
3. A new window will open for you to log in to your PayPal Philippines account.
4. If you have already logged in to your account, then it will take you to your PayPal account.
5. Next, go to the Account Activity tab to request for a refund.
6. Find the transaction you want a refund in the account activity log.
7. Click on it to view the transaction details.
8. In the transaction details page, click on “Request a return shipping refund“.
9. You need to follow the instructions to request for a refund from PayPal in the Philippines.
10. Submit the form and attach the proof of your return.
11. Wait for your claim to be approved.
That is it. You have successfully requested for a refund from PayPal.
Please, you need to know that if any relevant document is missing, then you need to submit it exactly within 14 days from the day of your initial submission.
How Do You Know If Your Refund Is Approved
As I said earlier, your refund request will be reviewed by PayPal Philippines before it will be approved.
But even after approval, how do you know if your refund request is accepted?
Here is what all that you need to know after submitting your refund request:
You will be sent a message indicating a confirmation of receipt of the refund request. This is usually within one (1) business day.
Within five (5) business days, you will be notified of the approval or rejection of the refund request.
If your request is approved, then a refund to your Paypal account is made within 5 business days.
What You Need To Know About PayPal Refund In The Philippines
You can use the PayPal refunded return services for all your purchases online. The refund policy does not cover the following:
- If you have made a partial payment for the order.
- The PayPal refund policy does not apply to intangible goods.
- If the return period is over, then it does not apply.
- PayPal will not accept a refund if the return does not comply with the return policy of the seller.
- Your purchase must not breach any of PayPal’s user agreement or their acceptable use policy.
- The refund does not include any cost that may be incurred as a result of theft, loss, or damage to the product.
- Transactions made over 150 calendar days do not qualify for any refund.
When Can You Use The Refund Policy
Here are some of the genuine conditions under which you can get a refund from PayPal in the Philippines:
You have a PayPal Philippines account that is neither limited nor suspended.
When you have fully paid for the product.
You should activate the refund service by going to https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/returns.
The return must be initiated within the return period, and it must be in accordance with the conditions specified by the seller.
You should ship the item back to the seller using a regular shipping service or option.
Read this guide also: How To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Your M-Pesa Account.
Will PayPal Refund If You Get Scammed
This is one of the many questions that people keep asking.
For transfers to friends/ family or gift payment, that means you are sending money from your PayPal account to another person.
Thus, there will be no processing fee for such transactions either from your PayPal balance or from your bank account.
Also, for gift payments, there will be no buyer protection for such transfers since there is no exchange of goods and services.
Circumstances surrounding PayPal Scam or fraud are always challenging to deal with. So if you believe you have a genuine cause for a refund, then open a dispute and hope it goes in your favor.
If the scam or fraud was perpetrated with your credit card linked to your PayPal account, then I will advise you to contact your bank or card issuer for help.